Monday, March 12, 2012

Susan Cleveland is a Clever Girl

Detail of Japanese Daisies by Susan Cleveland.

Yesterday you met my friend Susan Cleveland. Isn't her work astonishing? If you know Susan, then you know her effervescent personality is reflected in the exuberance of her work. It's colorful, fun, loaded with pow!

Susan Cleveland's Psychedelic Big Bang quilt in detail.
Here you see what she accomplishes with a tiny felt ball. See them on the Prairie Points in the first image and on the tip of the point above?
Detail of felt ball on Susan Cleveland's quilt, Party Star.
She cut this purple felt ball in half with scissors. Then stitched it onto her quilt with my size 12 cotton thread. Susan is brilliant! Have you ever tried using felt balls? Sounds like a great idea to me!

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

Nice idea, I like using items that give a piece, the 3D look.

Debbie

Bev said...

Oh, I'm so happy to find your blog! I'm a big fan! Love your work, Laura! Cheery wave from Bev
http://44thstreetfabric.blogspot.com