Sunday, March 25, 2012

What Would You Name Your Mountain Range?

The Watermelon Mountains are very near the Fried Egg Mountains.
Hello from the watermelon mountains near Albuquerque! I'm not sure who named the mountains east of Albuquerque the Sandia (watermelon) Mountains but I like their sense of whimsy!
Leaf Fall #5
My visit to the New Mexico Quilters begins today with the Colorful Leaves class, a workshop devoted to designing an original fused quilt using the basic shape of a leaf as the starting point. And, although they are surrounded by towering watermelons, I'm sure my students will do great work!

6 comments:

Sequana said...

My mountains? First thing I thot of was Lump Mountains. Not very creative, am I?

YankeeQuilter said...

You are over in one of my favorite parts of the country....the first thing that jumped to mind is "cupcake mountain." Go figure!

Tonya said...

beautiful.....mine would be E's hills...

Monica said...

When I moved to my current home in the Texas Hill Country i named a hill i see from my deck Lollipop mountain and decided a dragon was sleeping underneath it.

WoolenSails said...

No mountains in Rhode Island, lol.
A leaf is a great piece to practice stitching and have fun with color.

Debbie

Margaret said...

I live within a few hours of the Canadian Rockies...hard to name any other mountains once you've seen those!