Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Did A Bucket List Sneak Up On You Too?

Three Sisters on Checkerboard Hill by Laura Wasilowski
Do you have a bucket list? I've never made a list of what I want to do before I depart to that great fabric store in the sky. After all, just getting my bucket full of tasks for the day completed is enough for me!
Detail of Blue Beach Chair by Laura Wasilowski
But suddenly, my bucket list has mysteriously appeared out of thin air! A once in a life time opportunity begins early this August. That's when I'm teaching on a cruise starting in Stockholm with ports of call to Estonia, St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Berlin, Hamburg,Copenhagen, and Amsterdam.

The best part: I'm teaching with 4 friends! They are Mary Sorensen, Paula Nadelstern, and Cindy Walter. I'll going to have fun!
Blue Beach Chair by Laura Wasilowski
Can you imagine a little farm girl from the Midwest going to these exotic places? What a way to expand your horizons and open your eyes to new cultures, new people, new possibilities. Have you been there? Want to join me on the cruise? What should I see?

6 comments:

YankeeQuilter said...

St Petersburg is amazing. I'm sure it has changed since my last visit but I was just so surprised by the bright buildings...what a great cruise schedule!

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful opportunity.
I can imagine all of the places you will see and experience and the inspiration for new pieces.

Debbie

Margaret said...

As Dr. Seuss once exclaimed, "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" :-) Sounds like a wonderful trip -- have a great time! As for me...I have a hankering to visit the Shetlands (I'm a knitter and spinner as well as a quilter...)

liniecat said...

Keep your eyes peeled at night for those Northern Lights........I could imagine you making a fabric version to die for!

Marsha said...

We've been to St. Petersburg, Helsinki, Copenhagen, and Amsterdam. Helsinki is a wonderful city to see on your own - a great bus system that can take you all around the city without a problem. Copenhagen and Amsterdam are great walking cities - watch out for those bicycles! Don't miss the Anne Frank Museum in Amsterdam - getting tickets in advance via the Internet assures priority access to the museum and ensures that you will not be waiting on that LONG line to get in!

Carole said...

Nice post. You might be interested in my Travel Bucket List