Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Guest Artist: She Has a Past!




Quiet Morning by Kathy.
Every once in a while I hear from someone who has used one of my patterns to make an art quilt. This fascinates me! It's like we're connected in an arty kind of way. The quilt above was made by my arty friend, Kathy, and is called Quiet Morning. (You may recall she also did a quilt based on my Garden Flowers pattern.) Any time someone signs up for my Artfabrik E-Newsletter mailing list in 2012, I email them the link to the Quiet Morning pattern. (You can sign up by clicking here.)



Pretty Pansies by Kathy.
Kathy also constructed an excellent edition of Pretty Pansies. Here's what she says: "I can't get enough of these.  They are so fun! I did Quiet Morning to practice some of your techniques (I just changed it up a bit.  Sorry.) Then I did Pansies.  They are blooming beautifully in my dining area, and the bunnies won't even bother them."
Wow! Thank you so much for sharing with us Kathy! You did an extraordinary job of tricking those rabbits!

2 comments:

WoolenSails said...

She did a beautiful job on her pieces and love her stitching and colors.

Debbie

Dianne said...

Lovely work! Thanks for sharing Kathy & Laura.