Monday, April 02, 2012

Where the Chocolate is Rich and the Quilts are Good Looking

Greenville Arms 1889 Inn, temporary home of the Chicago School of Fusing, New York Branch.
I'm happy to report that my students have survived the first day of the Couching Thread, Hidden Needle workshop at the Hudson River Valley Workshop in Greenville, NY. The setting of the Greenville Arms 1889 Inn is charming and the food ain't bad either (I highly recommend the chocolate cake). It is a large, ornate home from 1889 converted into a comfortable B&B.
This brook babbles a lot.
Three times a day I cross this little brook to eat a delicious meal at the Inn and then return to the huge, well lit classroom next to my cozy cottage bedroom. When I retire, I want the Old Quilters Home to be like the Greenville Arms. Especially the part about the chocolate cake.
Couching thread on a big dot.
My class members are a delightful group of folks from across the country with one lone Australian. We are teaching her our devious American ways like how to drive on the wrong side of the road and eat chocolate cake at every meal.
Ginny adding a French Knot to a dot.
Tomorrow I'll show you their first stitched projects. You'll find that just like them, each piece is unique and wonderful!

4 comments:

WoolenSails said...

What a wonderful old home and place to stay, definitely a great place to inspire.

Debbie

Beth said...

That B&B looks so awesome. Babbling brooke and all.
Wish I was there.

ANudge said...

Chocolate cake at every meal? Are you in heaven??

Sewconsult said...

Now, Sing along with me:

Lift that needle and tote that stash,
I'm so weary and tired of stitching...
I'll be fine as soon as I get me re-st,
Ol' school, sign me up for more...
I keep stitching along!

Beckie
It may not rhyme, but I'm singing & stitching.
'Old Man River' is one of my favorites!