Thursday, April 05, 2012

Ya, Sure, Those are Some Fanciful Stitches!

Farm House by Laura Wasilowski from Fanciful Stitches, Colorful Quilts
Today we are celebrating another project from Fanciful Stitches, Colorful Quilts, the Farm House. As a farmer's daughter I can vouch for the fact that this is an accurate depiction of a typical farm in Minnesota. Ya, sure, ya betcha!
Elaine's Farm quilt is outstanding!
Our guest artist today is Elaine who made her own version of the Farm after she won a copy of my book. Visit this page on her blog to see the step outs of how she made it. Love that polka dot fabric! And here is the page where she shows you how she stitched the quilt. Thank you Elaine!
Details of stitching from my version of the farm. Looks like oats and hay to me.
Tomorrow I'm giving away a copy of Fanciful Stitches, Colorful Quilts, the first of 4 to be given away during the month of April. See you tomorrow!

6 comments:

Gene Black said...

They both look good. i will be checking in tomorrow.

Sequana said...

Looks pretty much like the farm I grew up on in northern IL, 'cept for the "ya, sure" tho.

Beth said...

Pretty farms, both of them. Love all the stitching.

Marybeth said...

Looking at the steps makes me want to try my hand, but I also know I have a lot to learn!

Elaine said...

Thanks for showing my quilt. It is quite an honour to be shown by the dean of the school of fusing.

WoolenSails said...

Love her use of fun fabrics and how they look in the landscape.

Debbie