Sunday, May 27, 2012

Care to see Some Stitchertunities?

Housing Department #5 by Laura Wasilowski
How lucky can you get? It's my great fortune to be teaching near to home this coming month. You'll find me visiting the lovely quilters of the  North Suburban Quilters Guild in Kildeer IL June 21 - 23.  I'm teaching two of my favorite classes: Tiny Homes and Stitch After Fusing. Come join me! (Please contact Carole Thiel ctquilt@comcast.net directly if you want to sign up for the classes.)
Kay's Bouquets #10 by Laura Wasilowski
There's also a new lecture in the works called Stitchertunities. I will debuting the lecture at the Guild meeting on June 21 at 7:15 PM. Developing a new lecture is a lot like writing a book. You need a beginning, a middle, and end with a great story in between. Here's the description of the lecture. Now, I just need to make it up!

Delight in the stitch!  From hand-dyeing of her pearl cotton threads to the final stitch, Laura tells all about her colorful hand-embroidered fused art quilts.  Learn how she makes her quilts, dyes the thread, and selects the stitches to use on her quilt tops. And of course singing is involved!   

4 comments:

Beth said...

I am looking forward to seeing you at guild. And I signed up for calss too. So see you soon.

Emi said...

-Nice works, congrats, a different blog and colorful, thanks for inspiring.


Hugs from COSTA RICA

Aliceart said...

Really wish I could be there, and if I wasn't so far away I would be! Have a great class!

Faith said...

:^D
I love your sense of humor and your quilts... and how we can see you grinning in almost every quilt. Singing and quilting! If I were in Kildeer IL, I'd go.

I have a question about your top photo. Did you use the leftover felt from some cutouts for the red rows? I love that you use everything and it looks good!