Wednesday, May 09, 2012

Felt Along Day 5: Where the Bird Acquires a Crest


When we last left our little bird he was bald as a jay bird. So in today's edition of the Felt Along we are giving him a knotted crest so he fits in with the other birds his age.
Using my favorite Size 5 Asters thread, I stitch 5 Pistil Stitches across the crown of the little bird's head. At last, he feels complete!
But alas, I do not. The solid blue background felt is driving me nuts! So I clip out little shapes from the felt to give it a lacy like appearance.
Then I drop the bird and blue square onto a large piece of felt the same color as his wing and stitch it down with a Scattered Seed Stitch. This time I use a Lime Frappe thread in a Size 12. The size 12 is light and airy just like the lacy background.
Please stay tuned for tomorrow's Felt Along where you will discover just how I use these shapes above. And no, it has nothing to do with Star Wars and  Princess Leia.

3 comments:

Beth said...

Now I am really stumped. LOL

shawn said...

The lacy idea is great! It looks really nice.

WoolenSails said...

I like the idea of doing cut outs, nice look and great with felt since it doesn't unravel.

Debbie