Wednesday, May 23, 2012

How to Fix Marks from the Needle

Doesn't it drive you nuts when you are happily stitching along and then your dratted bobbin thread messes up? Here you see the needle marks left on my fabric after my bobbin thread made a tangled snarl on the back of the quilt. I had to take out the stupid stitches to fix the mess. Arrrrgh!

But how to remove those marks made by the needle? First I rub the holes with a blunt edge tweezers or my fingernail. Next, using a needle, I coax the fabric threads back into their warp and weft lines. Then I throw the bobbin across the room and feel much better. Ah! It's good to be a quilter!

7 comments:

Michele Bilyeu said...

It's the air flow caused by the throwing of that bobbins that really makes those stitching holes pop! I think it's one of those quantum physics law of the universe kind of things, I really do. Every like action has an equal and like reaction. One of those ;)

Graciela said...

Thanks Laura for the tips
kisses ♥

WoolenSails said...

I have a done that with needle marks and usually when I notice holes in my quilt, I know it is time to change the needle;)

Debbie

Bonnie said...

It is so thrilling to find out I am not the only one who flings things across the room. It helps to keep the Quilt Police away.

liniecat said...

lol brilliant

Beth said...

Well I had the solution half right....the trowing of the bobbin part. hehe

Julie Bagamary said...

I also put a drop of water on it and when it dries, the hole is gone.