Monday, May 14, 2012

The Secret Behind My Quilts

I have a little secret I'd like to share with you. For several years now I've been concealing something that only a few people get to see. Some people are startled by it. But most are pleasantly surprised.
Weezie's Wildflowers #6 by Laura Wasilowsk.
Here's a good example, Weezie's Wildflowers #6. This quilt has a wrapped binding. The fabric on the front is wrapped around batting and a stiff interfacing called Timtex to make a curvy edged quilt.

Now here's the back of that same quilt. See how I've filled in the back with random acts of fusing? You see, behind each of my quilts made with a wrapped binding I hide another design. There are simple designs, abstract designs, and playful designs. You never know what you'll find. It's my little secret and now it's yours too!

4 comments:

Doreen said...

Thank you so much for sharing that! I had forgotten about Timtex.....a wonderful product! An idea has been swirling in my head for some time now that will become a reality because of this post. So simple;so brilliant!!! Thanks again......hugs, Doreen

WoolenSails said...

That is a nice idea for art pieces and gives a nice and easy finish.

Debbie

Aliceart said...

I loved seeing these in class - so bright and fun!

Beth said...

A quilt that is great front and back!