Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Would You Care to Borrow an Excuse from Me?

Not sure what I was thinking when I made this.
I know this is rare, but do you have a project you've started and can't finish? Maybe the project began as a great idea that soon fizzled. Or, you ran out of time or fabric or the will to create. What do you do with that project?

My advice is to give up on the project.
For some reason, I lost interest in this quilt.
Give up on that project and start something new. Life is short. You have my permission to move on to something else and not feel guilty. And if you need an excuse, you may use any of the following excuses I keep on file:
  • It was just a practice piece.
  • I am saving it for a special occasion (like something to do on my death bed).
  • The sun was in my eyes.
  • The dog ate it.

13 comments:

Barbara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barbara said...

Slice and dice.... next step, add some narrow strips or send it to me the use in my "made" fabric collection!

Sequana said...

I have not one but TWO projects like that here and I just can't give up on them yet. *sigh* I just want them finished, and I know I'll love them. Right? RIGHT??

Truffle queen said...

Thank you!! I need permission to "move on"!!! Just this week I've been digging through bins of UFOs and have finished up a few. Some will be donated to PSQG for the UFO raffle! One gal's junk is another gal's treasure! lol

The Invisible Woman said...

Too funny! I think I'll use the "practice piece" excuse. It makes me sound more productive.

Linda said...

Ha, Ha! We've all done that. That's when I put it in a dye bath and call it a new fabric!

Karin said...

I can't wait to meet you on the boat on the Baltic. My mom and I will be joining you from South Africa! Your excuses are brilliant !!♥

WoolenSails said...

I do have a few of those, they are stored away for now and maybe someday I will go back to them or I will gift them and let someone else finish it. But, like you said, life is short and my attention span is short these days, so I work on what I enjoy and have fun with my projects.

Debbie

Anonymous said...

After you lose interest in an experiment, you could raffle them off in one of your classes. One of your students might like the challenge of embellishing a starter quilt.

Laura Wasilowski said...

Great ideas everyone! And I'll see you on the cruise to the Baltic Karin. Can't wait!

Anonymous said...

I know that you can't see it in the photo, but I believe that spark in your bird's eye is because she just spotted a fat juicy worm to take back to her babies nesting in the tree next to her.

Cheryl

Sarah in Houston said...

I like: The sun was in my eyes. Thanks

Barb said...

You set me freeeeeee!