Saturday, June 16, 2012

Are You a Push Over and a Winner Too?


I am such push over for stitching tools. This felted wool pincushion is my latest acquisition. It was created by a clever artisan at the Potomac Fiber Arts Gallery. (Sorry, I've lost the name of the artist.) The Potomac Fiber Arts Gallery is one of many in the Torpedo Factory Art Center in Alexandria VA. You could spend days in the Torpedo Factory looking at art.

My lovely felted pincushion now sits on the table next to me as I stitch in the evenings. A few minor adjustments have been made to it's surface including a slot cut into the felt for my scissors. And a handy pin holds a thimble at the ready. Now if I could teach it to fetch me a cup of tea we'd be all set.
And speaking of sewing tools. The lucky winner of the Beam N Read light give away on Friday is  Anita in Florida! Congratulations Anita! May you live long and be well lit.

7 comments:

Gene Black said...

The pincushion is tres chic.

Congrats to Anita.

Lizzie P said...

That is so cute! Will be visiting the Torpedo Factory to have a look at this studio!

WoolenSails said...

Congratulations to Anita!
I have needle felting supplies and have made a few things, but I need to sit down and really practice, would love to make little animals and art pieces.

Debbie

Cornwoman said...

Congratulations, Anita!

That is the cutest pincushion ever!!! I love it!!!

Mosaic Magpie said...

Congratulations Anita...great idea about cutting a slit in the felt to hold you scissors!
Deb

WindyRiver said...

Love the pincushion - it's adorable!

Anita in Florida said...

Awesome...I WON! Thank you so much......love that pin cushion!