Sunday, June 17, 2012

Do You Have a Dress Code?

Ricky, me and Alex. OK, so they are cardboard cut outs. Don't we look good together?
In this age of junk programs on TV I have found a new passion. When I dye fabric I watch The Quilt Show with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims. They don't talk politics, give me traffic reports, or do stupid things like on some TV reality show gone overboard.  Ugh! I hate that!
My dye studio. What a mess!
Instead, I learn a thing or two from The Quilt Show and can wear my sloppy dye clothes at the same time! Check out this great list of current presenters.  No dress code required.

6 comments:

Gene Black said...

Laura, I have been watching The Quilt Show while I sew. Unfortunately, I get interested and forget to keep sewing.

Laura Wasilowski said...

Hi Gene,
I have the same problem. But usually I'm dyeing at the time and drip dye all over the place. Maybe we should ask them to make the shows less interesting.

Cornwoman said...

lol I moved my tv out of my quilting room because I couldn't take my eyes off the screen without missing a moment of TQS!! I'd have to veto making the shows less interesting, as I've learned a lot and get to see and learn from great folks like you and Frieda. I love your dyeing studio....so colorful! lol

WoolenSails said...

I tape the shows that I can and watch them while I do hand work. I wear old clothes when I dye, that way the dye covers the stains on my shirts;)

Debbie

Margaret said...

I love TQS! And yes...I've seen you on two shows now, songs and all. I love to watch while I'm hand stitching. :-)

Anonymous said...

Buying a subscription to TQS was the best investment I made this year! When I come home from work I watch a show on my computer instead of the insanities that are on television. Good for the blood pressure and for the soul.
I saw your show too and I am glad I got to discover you and your fun work. I have been enjoying your blog since too.
Annick
annick5424 at gmail.com