Thursday, June 21, 2012

The Entrancing Pistil Stitch Returns!


The entrancing Pistil Stitch.  It's back!
As you may know my love of the Pistil Stitch began long ago when it first stole my heart from the French Knot. Although the French Knot was really miffed for a while, you'll be happy to know that it has moved on.
The Pistil Stitch surrounds my dots.
And this is why I love the Pistil Stitch. It does the most amazing things like letting me space it around a little dot that measured only 1/4" across. Now do you see why I jilted the French Knot? Ah, love, can't stitch without it.

3 comments:

Cornwoman said...

Who can explain affairs of the heart? The pistil stitch just has so much more to offer a gal....

Lori R said...

I'm currently working on a faux Victorian crazy quilt project and have been searching for new stitches. I've seen the pistil stitch but hadn't included it yet. What I really wanted to share was that when I learned how to make the candlewick knot, I NEVER made a French knot again! Anyway, thanks for sharing.

WoolenSails said...

That is a nice stitch to cover a small circle, makes a nice touch eight the little knots.

Debbie