Saturday, June 02, 2012

It's All My Fault, I Admit It

In the Beginning by Laura Wasilowski
There's a bright red spot on my arm that itches like crazy! While tending my garden, I inadvertantly bugged a bee and received a bee sting in exchange.
Betty's Bloomers #6 (detail) by Laura Wasilowski
I like bees. Without bees we have no flowers or honey or grain or fruit or vegetables. So I apologize to all those bees out there for disturbing them and promise to be more careful in the future. Meanwhile, it itches like crazy!

7 comments:

Sybil said...

Put some Rescue Remedy on it. That will take care of the itching.

Sandra said...

This may sound odd but it works. If it is still on the market Ban rollon anti-perspirant works great. Was told this by a friend whose child is allergic to bee stings.

The Invisible Woman said...

Beautiful quilts (as always!).

Truffle queen said...

Try taping a penny over the bee sting! Nancy Gambrel is a bee keeper and I told her about this "cure" which I read on the internet (it MUST be true if it's on the internet?!!!) - she got stung and tried it - it worked!! Don't ask why - ask, why not?! lol

WoolenSails said...

I like Bees and I rarely get stung, my husband is prettified and they chase him, lol.

Debbie

Laura Wasilowski said...

Thanks for all your tips! Think I'll try the penny idea. That one I can afford!
Laura

Laura Wasilowski said...
This comment has been removed by the author.