Tuesday, June 19, 2012

What is This Stuff?

"What is this stuff and where does this come from?" you ask. I'll tell you!
Hand-dyed fabric for Artfabrik artfully arranged in a laundry basket.
It comes from dyeing a lot of fabric. These are the ravels from the ends of those hand-dyed and washed fabrics. And now that you know where they come from, you might ask, "Why does she keep them?"

Thread Woman, she's like the Frankenstein of the dyeing world.
I keep them to make my friend, Thread Woman! It's good to have friends!

6 comments:

Doreen said...

Everyone needs a friend!LOL!

patchouli moon studio said...

Oh that thread woman reminds me of the little gingerbread boy in the Shrek movies.

I have a friend that saves the threads from her handyed fabrics and she makes 3-D fabric flowers and uses the threads as the centers of the flowers which she sews down in place. They look wonderful too. See as crafters we just can't throw anything out as there is always a use for it, right?

Cornwoman said...

I think that I'd put them artfully between two sheets of wash-away stabilizer and then use some decorative thread to stitch across it, making a "lacy" fabric.

WoolenSails said...

What a fun friend, but I already talk to myself, too much, better not start making myself doll friends, lol.

Debbie

Linda said...

That is the prettiest lint I've ever seen! I would keep it too!

Joanne said...

As always you are so clever and creative. I love your lint friend!! Have got to find your new book, so will be heading to Amazon as soon as I finish this. Enjoy your busy "working summer" You are going to some beautiful places.