Monday, June 04, 2012

What's Wrong with This Picture?

My lackluster needle case.
This is my needle case. It holds all the needles I use when stitching my little quilts plus my scissors and thimble. (Note how the thimble is tied on so it can travel with all its needle friends.) Now you look and this and think, "That's a pretty shabby needle case Laura. Can't you do better than that?"

Well, no. But Karen can. This is her lovely needle case with ribbon embroidery and her name stitched with Artfabrik thread. Now that's classy! Thanks for sharing it with us Karen.

Looks like it's time for me to make a new classy needle case like Karen's. You are my witness! I shall make a new needle case...... sometime in the future!

5 comments:

Sequana said...

See - this is my problem. I use too many different types of needles. I have a whole box of them sorted out on all kinds of pieces of fabrics. I don't think I could manage just one tiny needlecase.

Nancy said...

You bring up a good point... needle management is an issue. Mine are all over the place, so your "shabby" needlecase looks like a step up to me!

Gene Black said...

Ah! inspiration strikes. I have been taking my hand needles in and out of the case they came in. (and they are difficult to get out of it.)

I need to find a needlecase tutorial and make one.

WoolenSails said...

I have a few cases, the nice thing about swaps, lol.

Debbie

klwheeler59 said...

That is nice Laura, and I am glad you are inspired to make another needle case. I sent you some other pictures of a "girly" needle case which I finished last night. It has lots of space for needles in it. This one is small and meant to be worn as a name tag and a needle case! Karen Lynn Wheeler
(email: klwheeler@yahoo.com )