Friday, July 27, 2012

Bird Stitchery #3: A Daisy on the Tail

As I continue to add French Knots to the bird's wing, I consider whether its a waste of time. After all, there are already lots of dots in the batik fabric making up the wing. We shall never know. By the time my brain evaluates the effect of French Knots on dots, the stitching is done.
Let's move on and give that bird a tail! A bright yellow size 12 pearl cotton called Lemons is used to create the tail portion of the bird. And I soon discover it takes a little finesse to align the Lazy Daisy stitches so they build up a tiled pattern.
After several attempts and ripped out stitches, I finally get his tail looking like it should. (You should know I did not consult the bird in this matter.) More stitching tomorrow where we tackle his hair do.

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

The French knots over the dotted batik add a lot of texture and interest. I thought I had messed up putting French knots over a batik with dots but i was so SEW happy when it was finished.

Gene Black said...

The French knots over the dotted batik add a lot of texture and interest. I thought I had messed up putting French knots over a batik with dots but i was so SEW happy when it was finished.

Cornwoman said...

I agree with Gene about the texture... If you are just looking for a visual of dots, it's a mistake, but if you're looking for texture, having some french knots win.

lol Maybe if you'd asked the bird, there wouldn't have been a need to rip out stitches.... Birds can be a big help in this area of expertise, you know!