Sunday, July 29, 2012

Bird Stitchery #5: The Bird Gets Eye Makeup

Our little bird's eye could use a little eyeliner to bring out the intensity of his sultry gaze. Like surgery, it's a delicate operation. Carefully, I place an Outline Stitch around his eye. We are both very nervous. Using a Black Orchid size 12 thread and a skinny size 5 embroidery needle the task is finally complete.

Whew! Glad that's over!

Here is our little blue bird in all his glory floating through the air graceful as an overfed whale. Stay tuned tomorrow when we encounter a less sensitive topic, trees.

6 comments:

Jeanie said...

Like a phoenix rising out of the scrap pile.... he's gorgeous!

Purl Buttons said...

I am new to your blog but I have read one of your books. Three times. In three days. I am amazed at how the perfectly lovely little bird became the feathered treasure he turned out to be thanks to your embellishments. It was a revelation to follow your stitches.

Beth said...

I really enjoy watching your pieces come to life. I need to finish my piece from class.

WoolenSails said...

Little bird is growing more beautiful every day, love watching each new embellishment.

Debbie

Cornwoman said...

She is perfect, and ready to take flight!

Emi said...

BEAUTIFUL...


Un abrazo desde COSTA RICA.