Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Discovering a Disconcerting Streak

Student work from Colorful Leaves.
In a recent teaching trip to Quilt Colorado I discovered a disconcerting fact about myself. Alas, I have a jealous streak.
More student work from Colorful Leaves class.
While the students make fun little quilts in my Colorful Leaves class, I stroll around the classroom and watch. Making art is so much fun! No one should have to watch others do it. But being the teacher, I resist the desire to join in the fun.  It is impolite to ignore students and drop into that creative art zone where you forget everything else around you. So I mind my manners and jealously watched them create. They are so lucky!

5 comments:

Gene Black said...

Yes, making art is a lot of fun, but also can be a lot of work. The good thing is that when you really get into that zone, you don't notice that you are working. But when you get done, then you feel it.

FabricandFlowers said...

Talented students. I enjoy when you show student work. Thier interpretation of your techniques gives me even more ideas.

WoolenSails said...

I can imagine trying to create while you teach, the students would be watching while you sew, lol.

Debbie

Sewconsult said...

Love the first picture's design. Teaching and not jumping in is similar to turning off your brain when it's in creative mode.
Beckie

Cornwoman said...

That first student's leaf was fabulous! I'm so sorry that you couldn't play during the class, like the students did. You'll have to treat yourself to an extra play session as a reward for being so good.