Friday, July 20, 2012

Improvising #2: Discovering the Bird's Background


Our little bird has a tentative expression about the eye suggesting that he's not sure about his place in the world. But soon he shall have a new home in an art quilt! We'll improvise the quilt's design and soon he shall be happy as any little bird can be.
Near the bird on my fusing table sits a stack of pre-fused scraps. What a joyous discovery! Sure they are all odd shapes but soon they are trimmed and fit together like puzzle pieces.
The fabric shapes are overlapped and fuse-tacked to a Teflon sheet. Now we have a background collage for my bird's milieu. He is a lucky bird. Not every birds gets a milieu. Please return tomorrow for more on Improvising with a Bird.

5 comments:

Cornwoman said...

I'll be looking forward to it!

Marcia W. said...

I like that little pile of scraps that resembles a bird's nest which the bird is perching upon in your prior post.

Sew Loquacious Angela said...

Love the subtle colors of the background fabric!

Laura Lea said...

I'm excited to see what you do with this little bird quilt. I like the softness of the background, but you are known for your bright colors so I am wondering where you are going from here. The anticipation is building...

Beth said...

Perhaps a little drum roll? Look forward to the next post.