Saturday, July 21, 2012

Improvising #3: The Bird Acquires an Horizon


This drawer full of fused collages is stacked with forgotten treasure. Created for past projects (magazine articles, pattern development, or large quilts) the collages present a problem. What do I choose for my little bird quilt.?
Betty's Bloomer's #5 by Laura Wasilowski
Finally I settle on a collage created when developing the Betty's Bloomer's #5 quilt. (This quilt was published in a Quilting Arts book a long time ago and I can't remember the title.)

The woven collage is already in a hill shape so I trim it down to fit onto my little bird's background collage.
The woven collage is centered on the lower part of the background collage. This way the little bird will have a horizon line in his quilt. We all need horizons to look forward to.

4 comments:

Cornwoman said...

I like it so far!

Fr. Vincent Esprit FMI said...

Amazingly beautiful, God's varied creation and diversity of peoples and cultures are prodoundly depicted by the quilt! Thank you for your excellent artistical gift!

Thanks and blessings

Fr. Vincent Esprit FMI

WoolenSails said...

Fun to use old ideas to make new ones and great when you are using your scraps and pieces that you have used fusing on.

Debbie

Beth said...

That woven piece is aweswome. Must try that.