Thursday, August 02, 2012

Bird Stitchery #9: A Final Stitch is Taken

As I remain trapped in a hotel room longing for my sewing machine, the hours tick by. Perhaps our little bird would like a hand stitched sky, I think? And why not? It's not like the hotel will provide me with a sewing machine to finish the quilt. The entire service industry is going down the tubes!
Luckily there is a riveting TV program on the telly. As I watch, time stands still but the Running Stitch runs on. It runs around the bird, the sun, and the trees. I'm using a size 12 thread in the Ornamental Grasses colorway with a size 5 needle.
Birdland #7 by Laura Wasilowski
And suddenly the little bird quilt is complete! We call him Birdland #7. Thank you so much for joining me on this tutorial. Now go get some rest.

7 comments:

Janelle said...

I have enjoyed watching you add new stitches everyday. I have been using your instructions to add hand stitching to prayer flags that I am making. Your instructions make more sense than any other instructions that I have read. Thanks!

Beth said...

Ok. I love the bird. Love the stitching. Just one thing....that hand stitched sky does NOT look mindless to me.I love it.

Maya said...

Love it!! The stitching makes it look like the trees are swaying in the wind.

Aliceart said...

Thanks, watching genius is exhausting! Thank you for the step by step; it was fun.

Cornwoman said...

I wasn't sure how you were going to quilt the sky. It's perfect!!! I really love your little bird quilt! How did you bind the edges? Fused edges??

Julie Bagamary said...

So cute!!

Mein Tag ist zu kurz ... said...

Moin,
Great! I like the birds!