Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Guest Artist: By the Book

Hill Village by Marque from Fanciful Stitches.
Marque calls herself a "non-quilter". After seeing her first quilt (based on the Hill Village design from my book Fanciful Stitches, Colorful Quilts) I'm not believing her. She did a terrific job making the quilt! Here's what she says about her experience:
  I really had a blast working on it!  I did it all based on the directions in your book and with no previous quilting experience - so take it from me, your book is excellently written!! .....  I have gotten so many positive comments on it.  When I explain how easy it was to make everyone is flabbergasted and like it all the more! It just goes to show that anybody can do it with the right instruction!
I blush. Thank you Marque for showing us your wonderful quilt!
Marque's work table.
If you'd like to see how Marque created her Hill Village, please visit her blog and see her step-by-step photos.

2 comments:

Cornwoman said...

I love this one too!

Beth said...

Wow she did an amazing job. You are an awesome teacher and an inspiration.