Saturday, August 04, 2012

Guest Artist: Her Garden Plus a Free Pattern

A Garden of Eden quilt by Karen.
Our first Guest Artist is Karen. This is her cheerful quilt from my Garden of Eden class at the Amherst Museum in Amherst, NY. Karen says the quilt top sat unfinished until she saw my appearance on The Quilt Show. That's when she knew she had to add embroidery stitches to enhance the design.

Now that it's stitched she loves her quilt! And I love how she placed the flowers in the opposite corner from the sun. That diagonal placement gives the composition lots of action.
Sunny Flowers by Karen
Karen also made this sweet quilt based upon a free pattern I did for Fairfield. If you'd like the pattern just click this link and it will lead you to a page on my website with yet another link to the PDF of the pattern. Thank you Karen for sharing your work with us!

4 comments:

Connie said...

What a beautiful quilt and thanks so much for sharing the great pattern too!

Cornwoman said...

Beautiful job on these two quilts, Karen! Thanks for sharing them, Laura.

Marija said...

YAY - great quilts Karen! Saw them in person at our guild meeting and they are even more beautiful that way! :)

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 3 post on Aug. 14, 2012. Thanks again.