Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Keil Germany



Our stop in Kiel, Germany was a good opportunity to look at lots of other boats. I'm no expert on the shipping industry, but even I could see that Kiel is a major site for shipping and sailing. After observing lots of boat-type action in the harbor, I offered to fix a submarine. But my fusing skills weren't needed just then.



Look! A sewing store!

We walked into town and like a magnet, I was drawn to the local sewing store. A warm greeting by the friendly owners and brief tour of the shop left me longing for my sewing room at home and a hot cup of tea. It was raining in Kiel that day.



This way to the ship.

Maybe it was the rain or my tired feet. But after several warming cups of tea at a local cafe I was back on board the cruise ship. We leave for Copenhagen tomorrow. Another city another adventure!

2 comments:

Gene Black said...

Funny how we always manage to wander up on those sewing stores, isn't it?

Cornwoman said...

From the looks of it, the store must have been a lot of fun to visit! Don't you just love finding a new place like that to explore?

As for their not taking you up on your fusing services for the ships....they're going to be sorry they missed you!