Saturday, August 18, 2012

The Cast of Cruise Characters

Some of our quilt group on the streets of Tallinn.
My recent stint as an instructor on a cruise through the Baltic states was a once in a life time journey. (Not that they won't let me back in those countries. But you get my drift.) Along with hardy students from the U.S., South Africa, and the Netherlands, there were three other teachers: Mary Sorensen, Paula Nadelstern, and Cindy Walter.
Me and Paula with her new umbrellas based upon her fabric designs.
Our first stop after leaving Stockholm was Tallinn, Estonia, This lovely medieval city sits on the southern coast of the Gulf of Finland. It is also a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Our intrepid guide this first day out was Kim from Quilt Seminars at Sea. As we wound through the city and my feet yelled at me, every street corner brought new and intriguing sites. Please return tomorrow to see more views and textures of Tallinn.

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

How much fun this must have been. I would love to go on a quilting cruise but my wallet keeps yelling NO WAY. (bad wallet)
Still it must have been a joy to combine a lovely vacation with quilting fun. Did you find fabric stores to shop in?

WoolenSails said...

I can imagine all of the inspiration you got from visiting the cities and artwork.

Debbie

Laura Wasilowski said...

We found a few fabric stores for shopping. One in Helsinki and the other in Amsterdam. But mostly I bought socks!

Cornwoman said...

Why did you buy sock? Getting cold feet about the trip??? lol

I can't wait to see more of your photos from the trip. I love them!!!