Sunday, September 30, 2012

An Autumn Trip to the Trillium Group

Joyce and Laurie show off their work from class.
Thank you to the Trillium Quilters for a delightful visit to Door County, Wisconsin. As usual, I was amazed at their wonderful creations. Each and every Tiny Homes quilt top was fun and inspired and original.
The day of the orange pumpkin is past.
After class we went to dinner and watched the sun set over Green Bay. It was the perfect ending to a perfect autumn day way up north. You really must visit Door County sometime. The little towns, the shops, the cherry orchards, and the lake make it ideal for a leisurely fall escape.
Three Sisters in Autumn by Laura Wasilowski
As I drove home, I enjoyed the brilliant fall colors scattered across the hills of Wisconsin. And I thought to myself, "It's good to be a traveling quilt teacher!"

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

I love that the two ladies pieces are alike in concept, but totally different in execution.

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

Very nice pieces by your students! Laura I sent you an email, placed an order, and paid by PayPal. If you have any questions let me know. Lol...so excited I hope it makes some sense. Karen

Beth said...

I love all the variety a single idea can generate. And I love your autumn sisters.