Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Days of May by Laura Wasilowski
Well this is a surprise! I finally opened up a box containing my quilt exhibited at the Pennsylvania National Quilt Extravaganza in Oaks, PA earlier this month. Usually I just leave the quilts in the box for a month or so cause I'm a lazy bum.
Days of May (detail) by Laura Wasilowski
But in a fit of tidiness I actually opened the box yesterday and discovered I had won a prize! (Third place in the Wall Quilt division.) From now on I shall be more diligent in opening my mail.......OK, maybe not. One does not want to go over board.

8 comments:

Gene Black said...

Congrats on the win!

Julie Bagamary said...

Congrats - it is beautiful.

WoolenSails said...

Congratulations, it is a beautiful piece, well deserved.

Debbie

Cornwoman said...

I love the quilt. Congratulations on your unexpected win!!

If you were to change your pattern and open those packages right away, you would lose the sense of anticipation! Until the moment that you open them, there is always that sense of "Did I win??" and even if you didn't, you would feel like you could have. So there is an upside to letting them "rest" before opening them.

Dee Dee in CO said...

Wonderful Surprise! Makes me smile :)

Janelle said...

Congratulations!

Beth said...

Congrats.
I try not to make rash statements cause opening mail everyday might just be too much. Really.

begoƱa said...

felicidades ,me encanta el trabajo ,saludos.