Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Ever Seen a Fusing Fool?

Fusing fabulous fabric for my workshops.
This week I am just a fusing fool. October 3 - 6 you'll find me teaching workshops at the AQS show in Des Moines, IA. And each student in my half-day classes will need a pre-fused kit of my hand-dyed fabrics. That means lots of ironing this week........ugh!
Housing Department #19 (detail) by Laura Wasilowski
My favorite class at the AQS show is called Tiny Homes. Each student makes their own design after a few fusing exercises to ease them into the project. They make some crazy houses, trust me!
Kay's Bouquets #2 (detail) by Laura Wasilowski
If you are into more elegant art, you'll want to take the Stitch After Fusing class. Here you are given a pattern but also the freedom to develop your own designs. Join me in Des Moines in early October and check out my fusing skills!

3 comments:

WoolenSails said...

I am still trying to finish up projects, but can't wait to have free time to play with art quilts and fusing.

Debbie

Beth said...

They will love class!!! We did.

Cornwoman said...

Oh, how I wish that I could be there!! The weather alone would be worth it, and having a fusing and/or stitching class with you would be like frosting on the cake!