Friday, September 21, 2012

Free on Friday: Three Sisters Make-Over

Three Sisters in Dots by Laura Wasilowski
Back in the old days, like 2006, I made this quilt called Three Sisters in Dots. It was the era of my "sisters" quilts when sisters were really trees that hung out together. They would chat and gossip and complain about air quality, root systems, and how rapidly their leaves were changing in the fall. In short, they were like sisters.
Three Sisters in Dots and Stitches by Laura Wasilowski
Having re-discovered this quilt in a pile of forgotten quilts, I decided to give the sisters a make-over. A stitch here, a stitch there and suddenly they are looking pretty perky! Want to make your own sisters quilt? Here's a free pattern for you!

4 comments:

Gene Black said...

Interesting that you call the trees sisters. I have a row of five (very tall) pine trees behind my house. For years I have called them the five sisters. When I am away from home and there is bad weather, I always look to see if the five sisters are still standing as soon as they are in sight.
Is it an "artist thing" to call trees "sisters"????

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 2 post on Sep. 21, 2012. Thanks again.

Beth said...

The sisters looked lovely before, but even better after some 'bling' in the form of stitches.

Cornwoman said...

What a fun quilt! Those sisters are all dressed to go out on the town! Thanks for the pattern! I am going to have to give it a try.