Thursday, September 20, 2012

Guest Artist: How to Use a Single Fabric Artfully

Using Rainbow Rich.
Can you guess what this is? This is a beautiful sofa cushion created by Rosemarie for her cousin. (Lucky cousin. Maybe I'm related too?) Don't you love the echo stitching on the surface? And notice the decorative machine stitches around each circle in variegated thread. Classy!
Another cushion using Eggplant.
Each of Rosemarie's cushions are made from a single piece of Artfabrik fabric.  I'm especially fond of this log cabin version above in the Eggplant colorway. The fabric looks so much more exciting as a log cabin than as a plain old piece of fabric.
Plain old Eggplant fabric.
I love how Rosemarie used the color variations within the variegated fabric for some great design possibilities.Thank you for sharing your wonderful work with us Rosemarie........ my dearest cousin!

6 comments:

Amy Parra Morusiewicz Fun from A to Z! said...

Dear Rosemarie, I too would like to volunteer for the cousin of the month club! Seriously, that is on gorgeous log cabin!

Gene Black said...

Well, Laura, if you are a cousin - I am too!

Beth said...

I could always use another cousin. LOL Great use of fabric.
(BTW nothing pain ole about that beautiful eggplant fabric).

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 1 post on Sep. 20, 2012. Thanks again.

Aliceart said...

What a clever girl! Love these!

Cornwoman said...

I want to be related too!! I love the pillow with the circles that have decorative stitching around them and the echo quilting.