Sunday, September 09, 2012

Guest Artist: Using Liquid Color

A Splintering Light by Carol
Well I wish I had made this! This stunning quilt was made by Carol with my hand-dyed silks. She purchased them at the Quintessential Quilt Show in St. Louis last year. Silks are always part of my trunk show when I travel and teach, as well as hand-dyed fabric and threads.

Carol calls the silk fabric "liquid color". I love that! She also says this: 
 
This was my quilter's interpretation of a painting that I did in high school, several centuries ago,  :-), a study of the color spectrum. I fused the color "chips" as well as the tree, which was done in cotton. Hope you enjoy looking at your silks in this different light.  I loved working with your fabric, and your fusing workshop spun my world off into a wonderful new direction.

Thank you Carol for sharing your beautiful work with us!

7 comments:

Gene Black said...

Wow that quilt is very painterly. I love it.

Aliceart said...

So amazing, and beautiful. I wish I made it,too. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Marian said...

Beautiful! I love the colours!

Sandi said...

That is just a gorgeous piece, what a great use of your silks, it is very inspiring.

Dixie said...

Holy smokes! Fantastic just love it!

Beth said...

WOW!! That is just jaw droppingly beautiful.

manthy said...

So beautiful it looks like stained glass.
I am a loyal follower of your blog would you please follow my blog back
http://ismanthyhere.blogspot.com/