Thursday, September 27, 2012

Packing and Flying Again

A little bird quilt before stitching.
It's fall and time for the birds in my neighborhood to pack their little bird bags and head for warmer climates. I know how they feel. Packing and flying are a regular routine for me.
Our little bird quilt in the mid-stitching stage.
This week I head to Door County, WI to visit the Trillium Quilters in Sister Bay. And guess what class I'm teaching? Fowl Play, Birds with No Egrets! This is such a fun class. You never know what those crazy quilters will make. I'll try to show you some photos of their art later this week. Right now, I gotta fly!

5 comments:

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

Safe trip Laura. Have fun! I love that bird quilt! I need to place an order when you get home! Your little works of art always look so fun! I just have to try out a couple of your kits! I love all of your work! Would you be willing to pick out some threads that will go well with what I choose?

Gene Black said...

Look out...some wild student will probably try to add and Egret in their work!

Beth said...

Cute bird and I love the roof on the house.

Judith said...

Thanks for the smiles. You always add a little brightness to my day! And of course, your work ain't shabby either. ;) Have a safe and fun trip.

Cornwoman said...

How could anyone have any egrets while taking such a fun class! lol