Friday, September 28, 2012

Way Up North at the Door



Here we are in lovely Sister Bay, WI. Sister Bay is close to the tip of the Door County peninsula that arches into Lake Michigan. It is on the Green Bay side of the peninsula. ("Go Packers!" said the wise woman from Chicago.)

One of the local attractions is Al Johnson's Swedish Restaurant complete with a family of goats living on the sodded roof. I am told by another wise woman not eat the icicles from the roof in winter. I will listen to her warning.

Sister Bay is also the home of the Trillium Quilt Guild. These friendly folks gave me a warm reception last night at their guild meeting. We laughed, we cried, and we sang a stirring rendition of the Chicago School of Fusing Fight Song. We'll see if we can stir up something today in the workshop, Tiny Homes.

5 comments:

Cornwoman said...

What a wonderful place to be!! It looks like an interesting place to be...

Maggie B said...

Dear Laura,
I hope you are having great weather in Sister Bay.
I just checked a map of the area and you are way up north. Bet it is beautiful.

Maggie B.

Beth said...

That roof is amazing. I bet it shows up on a tiny house.

Pat said...

I just love Al Johnson's and the goats are so adorable. The food is really good too, especially the Jelly. I hope you go over to Washington Island. I went over ther to the school and it was great.

Paula Ganyard said...

Be sure to stop in Green Bay on your way home. We have lots of great quilt shops.