When you take a class from me you'll be asked to bring Wonder Under #805 to fuse your fabric. Wonder Under #805 is the regular weight of Pellon's fusible web. It comes with silicone release paper, is about 17" wide, and is the best weight for all those quilting fabrics stacked waist high in your sewing studio.
Why do I request this version of fusible web?
- It comes with silicone release paper. We use the paper for the construction and protection of our art quilts.
- It's commonly available in fabric stores and easy for my students to find.
- After steaming it stitches by hand and machine easily.
- Some brands of fusible web (which shall remain nameless) are very dense, thick, and tacky. Those brands will gum up your needles when stitching.
- Some brands are so plasticky and strong that they penetrate the fabric leaving a gluey grid on the surface.
So give me good old 805!