Saturday, October 27, 2012

Autumn in Illinois


It's a beautiful fall day here in Illinois. We are so lucky to have seasonal changes. It makes you appreciate Mother Nature even more. Soon I'll leave Autumn in Illinois and be on my way to the IQF show in Houston.

But first, lets take a walk around my neighborhood. You'll see the maple trees finally turning. They appear in a vast range of color from green through yellow through red.

The air is fresh. The colors are wonderful. And when I return, it will all be gone. That's the wonder of Fall. The leaves are the prettiest when they are dieing!

4 comments:

Mary Ann said...

I certainly miss the colors of fall from Illinois here I Georgia! I'm from Crystal Lake and used to work at Sherman.

Cornwoman said...

Thanks for showing the colors of Fall. I left PA for AZ and CA over 50 years ago and still miss it every year. (That last sentence sounds like alphabet soup! lol)

WoolenSails said...

Beautiful colors, my neighbors tree has all three colors when it is in full bloom. Today we enjoyed a drive and a walk along the rocky cliff areas.

Debbie

Beth said...

I left Houston yesterday at the close of quilt market. I had a blast but I am tired!~
You are lucky it was 80 when we arrived in Houston then dropped lower and lower into the 40's at night. Yesterday the warm up started so it should be great weather for you.