Sunday, October 21, 2012

Call Me Crazy

Save the fused cut-away fabrics.
Call me crazy.....I mean impassioned. Yes, I'm passionate about making improvised quilts from left over fused fabrics. Show me a scrap and I'll show you a design trigger. Just like those fun dot cut-outs left over from cutting with my AccuQuilt die cutter above.
Weezie's Wildflowers #17 by Laura Wasilowski
Those dot cut-aways or confetti are the design trigger for my entry into the IQF show in Houston, Weezie's Wildflowers #17. It all started with those sweet little holes.
Weezie's Wildflowers #17 (detail) by Laura Waslowski
And I'm happy to announce that Weezie's Wildflowers #17, has won an Honorable Mention ribbon in this year’s Judged Show! It will be hanging in the Art-Miniature category. And I'll be hanging out in the Artfabrik Booth #839. Come see me!

8 comments:

Gene Black said...

Congrats on the honorable mention!

Shirley said...

Congratulations, you must feel proud! Love the brightness in your quilts, you're a true artist.

Quiltchick said...

Congratulations! I love your piece. The embroidery is awesome. Looking forward to seeing it and you and checking out your booth in Houston.

patchouli moon studio said...

If you are crazy (for saving scraps from your projects) then I must surely be certifiably insane! Congrats on your quilt.

Cornwoman said...

A huge congratulations to you on your Honorable Mention win! That's great for a crazy, and I do mean passionate, woman!

Aliceart said...

Congratulations! Very deserved, wish I was going to be there to see it...and buy at your booth!

Maggie Szafranski said...

Congrats!!! Hope to see you and your wonderful piece of art!

Beth said...

A big congrats to you!!! The piece is fantastic. I love all the detail you add.