Thursday, October 04, 2012

Catching Up at the Quilt Show



Libby Lehman, Susan Cleveland, and Sandy Leichner
All the fun people are here in Des Moines at the AQS Quilt Show. Here you see the funnest of the fun, Libby Lehman, Susan Cleveland, and Sandy Leichner, all teachers at the show. Libby told us all about her recent teaching travels this summer to France, Dubai, Thailand, Singapore, and lovely Cleveland, Ohio. By the time she finished her tale I had jet lag.
Detail of quilt by Sandy Leichner.
This lovely quilt is by Sandy Leichner. It is gorgeous! And I felt so fortunate to see it in person. Some of those curly vine shapes are stitched with my hand dyed threads in the Forget Me Nots colorway. This is the best part of attending a quilt show. You see the work in person. For those of you who couldn't make it to the show, you can see more of Sandy's work on her website.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just Loverly.....:) DDinCO

Mrs. Sew and Sew - Karen said...

I received the lovely goods I ordered from you. I am so excited. Beautiful patterns and the book is awesome! I am so excited! Wow, let me get rid of these wedding guest and I will be FUSING!!! Shhh, don't tell them! Lol! Btw, looks like you are having almost too much fun at the quilt show! Kidding ...have a blast! Ps. Your fabrics and thread are beautiful!

Cornwoman said...

I can't see it well enough, so I think that you should bring that lovely quilt to my house to show me in person. lol

Seriously though...a few questions for you on the beautiful hand dyed threads that she used...what size thread is it? And how did she apply it to her quilt, if you know? Did she hand stitch it on, couch it, or use it in the bobbin?

Laura Wasilowski said...

Hi Karen. So glad you like the fabric and thread.
And as for you, corn woman, Sandy's quilt is beautiful and you can't have it! Cause I want it!
She is using a size 12 pearl cotton and making a very fine back stitch to create the vines. It is meticulous, fine stitching that makes my stitching look like a 3 year old did it.
Laura