Monday, October 22, 2012

Guest Artist: She Sweeps the Show!

Quilt by Pat.
Our guest artist today, Pat, took a class from me last year in Concord, NC through the Cabarrus Quilt Guild. In Zen Doodle Quilts, students design their own quilt choosing from a set of sketches they make in class. They enlarge the sketch and convert it into fabric through the miracle of pattern transfer.
Detail of quilt by Pat.
I remember Pat's design well because of the sweep and motion of the elements. Didn't she stitch it beautifully too? Not wonder it won first place at the Cabarrus Quilt show! Congratulations Pat!

10 comments:

Quiltchick said...

Wow. That is really a show stopper. Love the bling she added.

Julie Bagamary said...

It is beautiful.

Gene Black said...

I love that! It certainly shows the "zen doodle" aspect and the colors are wonderful.

Pat said...

Thanks guys!! The class was awesome. I highly recommend. And she made my day, making me her guest artist!! Pat Arndt.

Pat said...

One happy girl today!!

Dee Dee Van Kirk said...

Congratulations Pat!....Beautiful!

Beth said...

Amazing!

Cornwoman said...

I love it! There is so much wonderful stuff to look at in your quilt. You did a great job, Pat!

Anonymous said...

This, like all of Pat's work, is wonderful!

Carolyn



janneke said...

What a lovely quilt!!