Friday, October 12, 2012

How to Avoid that Nervous Feeling

My fellow patients.
Today I took time off from thread twisting and fabric dyeing to visit my dentist, Painless Bob. The other patients in the waiting room looked a little nervous. But not me! I have a secret method of dealing with ol' Painless.
Little bias cut squares are so tasteful.
 I day dream!
Decorative triangles. Flower petals or incisors?
Closing my eyes, I tune out all the sounds of scraping, drilling, and dental commands like "open, open, wider, wider". I meld into the dentist chair. Visions of my next quilt flash through my mind. This color here, that color there. And then I am rudely awakened and asked to leave. Someday I'll have a dental chair in my studio. They are way too relaxing!

7 comments:

Gene Black said...

I have been asked to leave the Dentist's office too. They said all the screaming was distracting. Maybe one day I will get to see the dentist.

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in Creative Busy Bee Craft Inspirations, under the Page 1 post on Oct. 12, 2012. Thanks again.

Margaret said...

Believe it or not, I've almost dozed off in my dentist's chair...! The hygienist had to nudge me to keep my mouth open!

As for your 'incisors'...I see a whole new series of fused pieces in your future...! ;-)

Beth said...

Well the dentist chair is one place that I would never fall asleep. LOL

WoolenSails said...

I do that too, I go away into my own little world, lol.
The problem is, they start talking to you and it distracts me;)

Debbie

Robin in WNC said...

The hygienist at my dentist has a massage chair, I feel so good after the 30 minutes there, wish I could go on a daily basis.

Cornwoman said...

I don't make it into the chair half the time because of all of the screaming while I'm in the waiting room. But I think that I'm going to have to try harder to actually get to the chair before I start screaming next time.