Monday, October 15, 2012

My studio. It hasn't looked this clean in 3 years.
Sirens chased me to the basement Sunday. Seems there was a tornado warning in our area. Who ever heard of a tornado in October in Illinois? But being trapped in the basement for a few hours isn't a bad thing for me. See, that's where my studio is.
Graduation badges for my students.
I spent those hours packing more items for our trip to the International Quilt Festival in Houston (see us in booth #839). My class kits and teaching supplies are all sealed into boxes and ready to ship. Included are a set of treasured badges for students graduating from my classes. Soon they will be official members of the Chicago School of Fusing. I'm so proud!

7 comments:

Gene Black said...

One of these days ...I will get one of those badges!

Eileen Landau said...

You were ale to clean up your studio in 3 hours! Would take me 3 days!

Laura Wasilowski said...

No Eileen. If I clean the studio, I can't find anything. The photo on the blog is from years ago. Ah, I miss those days!

Linda said...

I really miss having a basement! Your studio looks wonderful!

Carol said...

Yes! Can't wait to get my badge in just a few weeks! Yippee Skippee!!!!

Cornwoman said...

lol I love the photo of the clean studio! And I, too, would love to someday get one of those badges.

Beth said...

I am a proud owner of one of those badges. :)
Must make a mess to create! That is my story and I am sticking to it.