Thursday, October 18, 2012

Remember that Old Song about Stitching?

Three Sister Play Dress Up by Laura Wasilowski sans stitching.
Let us all take a big sigh of relief. Ah! That's better. Now that all my fabric and thread is on its merry way to the International Quilt Festival in Houston, I can relax and make more art quilts.
Three Sisters Play Dress Up by Laura Wasilowski in stitches.
But I admit, I am one lazy quiltmaker. So I'm rehabbing some old work with stitchery.  This quilt from the Three Sisters series is a good example. It feels so good to spruce it up with a few hand stitches. It's like that old song, "What a difference a stitch makes, in just 24 hours". Everybody sing!   La, la, la, la, la, la, la.....

3 comments:

Gayle from MI said...

So when you go back and stitch like this do you re-back the piece or do you stitch subcutaneously?

Cornwoman said...

I love it! But are people supposed to throw shoes at you when you sing?? Every time that I begin, the cat howls and my DH throws shoes in my general direction to make us both stop!

Beth said...

Love the stitching. As for the singing, I am banned from doing that when other living things are about.