Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Seasonal Palette Quilt #1: Juried In

Young Forest #5 by Laura Wasilowski
Young Forest #5 was created for the SAQA Seasonal Palette juried exhibit opening at the International Quilt Festival in Houston this November. This giant of a quilt measures about  32" w x 78" h. (And since I have Tyrannosaurus Rex arms, it wasn't easy to create.)
Young Forest #5 (detail) by Laura Wasilowski
One of the requirements, after acceptance in this exhibit, was to document the process of creating the work including inspiration, design concerns, and techniques in a journal. Over the next few weeks (while I'm off gallivanting in Houston and California) I'd like to show you my process for making Young Forest #5. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll wonder why.

13 comments:

Katina said...

Congrats. Just beautiful!

begoƱa said...

Impresionante de bonito me parece un trabajo espectacular y costoso .me encanta.saludos

Jevne said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Will be looking forward to seeing the process.

Sequana said...

Congratulations! My first response to this quilt is how much I love the way you handled all that sky.

It'll be such fun to follow along with your journal.

BJ said...

wonderful quilt! Looking forward to seeing the journey. Have fun in Houston.

Cornwoman said...

Congratulations! What a beautiful quilt! I'll be looking forward to reading your journal on this quilt.

WoolenSails said...

I really love this piece, congratulations on being accepted. I like the way you used the fabrics and patterns to create the landscape.

Debbie

Julie Bagamary said...

Congrats. It's beautiful and looks like LOTS of little pieces.

crazylegs said...

Beautiful! Hope I get to see it in person in Houston.

Margaret said...

I'm not the least surprised it's part of that exhibit, Laura! So fresh and colourful -- which is a far cry from the low cloud ceiling and ice fog around here these days. Love it!

Gayle from MI said...

Gorgeous quilt! Congrats to you. I love how you did the grass, it's awesome.

Laura Wasilowski said...

Thanks every one! I hope you enjoy this series on the process for making this quilt.

Dianne said...

Exquisite! It looks like you could take a dip in that lake. Beautiful work, beautiful!!!