Thursday, October 11, 2012

Time to Twist


The twist in process.
Sometimes I think I have a really peculiar job. How many people do you know that look forward to thread twisting?  How many people even have thread to twist? How many people can do the twist?
Twisting complete.
The best part about making hand-dyed thread is the time spent sitting around and twisting the thread skeins into hanks. That means relaxing in my favorite chair, watching a little TV, putting my feet up. Ah, thread twisting everyone should be so lucky. Or as peculiar!

7 comments:

Gene Black said...

You should do a video of yourself twisting the threads into hanks!

Amalia Teresa Parra Morusiewicz said...

this explains your "twisted" sense of humor!

Laura Wasilowski said...

I would make a video but its so hard to twist the thread and hold the camera at the same time. Maybe if I used my toes?
Ah, there's that twisted sense of humor you were talking about!

WoolenSails said...

I need to do that with my dyed threads. After I dye them they tend to get twisted up in the wrong way, so need a better way to keep them from turning into a nest.

Debbie

liniecat said...

I can see why it would be such great fun.........all that colour therapy!!

Cornwoman said...

What an interesting job you have there. I love all of the colors...and to answer your question....out of all the twists that my life has taken, the twist that I can do is the dance. Hmmm...is that twisted or what? lol

lewmew said...

I am in lust with the overdyes!