Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Travel: the Excellent Educator


Do you know where this outdoor market is?
Maybe this sign will give you a hint. It's someplace where they have a winkel in their panties.
Like you, I take lots of photos when I travel. They help preserve the memories of the trip but I also use them for inspiration. Don't you love these colors!
Not sure how I would use this picture. But it makes me smile.
By now you know these images are from Amsterdam. Amsterdam was the final port of call for the quilt cruise that I taught on this past August. This city is overwhelming and exhausting. So much to see and do.
Like visiting the van Gogh Museum. Without travel I would never have seen the wonderful work by my favorite artist, Vincent van Gogh. Travel is the great educator.

3 comments:

Gene Black said...

Travel is indeed a great educator.

YankeeQuilter said...

I was in Amsterdam during the Queen's birthday one year...very fun! Love the Van Gogh Museum....

Michele Lasker said...

Travel is my constant companion!
Michele