Friday, November 30, 2012

Discovering the Garden of Eden in CA


Garden of Eden quilt in process.
A recent teaching trip to Temecula CA found me in the good care of the Valley of the Mist Quilt Guild. This delightful group of quilt makers live in wine country! With or without wine, my students created wonderful work in one of my favorite classes, the Garden of Eden.
Marlene, Adam, and Eve.
Here you see Marlene with her Garden of Eden quilt top complete with Adam and Eve. Is it just me, or does Adam look a little like a gingerbread man? Does that make him naughty or nice?

2 comments:

Aliceart said...

Wine country - tough duty! Gingerbread men are always nice!

Cornwoman said...

I love the Garden Of Eden, but I think it's a law in Wine Country that you must always have a glass of wine when creating. You would hate to be breaking a law when you go somewhere as nice as that...right??? lol It certainly would relax your students. As for Adam...he may be very nice, but I think he may go MIA.