Sunday, November 11, 2012

Seasonal Palatte #13: A Blue Tree


I really must clean up this table.
The grass collage for my Seasonal Palette quilt seems to take forever. Here you see it draped across my messy fusing table. After this ordeal of the grass collage is complete I am happy to leave the studio for a long teaching stint early in 2012. Oddly, leaving home and airline travel is a treat right now.
Auditioning the tree placement between the water and grass.
After a long break away from the studio, I’m able to resume the quilt construction and it's time to audition blue fabric for the tree. The tree will tuck underneath the grass collage and arc across the water and into the sky. I do love a blue tree. We should all have blue trees.

6 comments:

Gene Black said...

Yes indeed, the world needs more blue trees!

Quiltchick said...

I saw your quilt in Houston and loved loved loved it. I couldn't wait to see how you grew your grass. I need some like that in my back yard. A blue tree would look really nice too.

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

I love this idea!! Can't wait to see the finished project!

Mary Ellen said...

Wow! So many blades, so many decisions on color and placement. What an inspiration for persistent excellence.

Cornwoman said...

Why not blue trees? I'm looking forward to seeing the "business end" of the blue tree in this creation!

Sarah Ann Smith said...

I too saw your quilt in Seasonal Palette and was so happy to see you working in a larger scale again. The quilt is FAB!

About the iron.... I've been using a Panasonic Titanium non-stick iron for years now. The titanium is the key word... I can LITERALLY iron right onto my MistyFuse or the business side of WU, and wipe the gunk off with a paper towel. No more fumes from hot iron cleaner!

The irons aren't expensive, about $30 (the cost of five tubes of Iron Off). They don't get as hot and aren't as heavy as your Rowenta, but I use mine for all my fusing. When I need mongo steam, then I go to the Rowenta (mine is really old and doesn't spit yet, so I am using it for just the special tasks). It's here:

Panasonic NI-S300TR 1200-Watt Steam Iron with Curved Titanium-Coated Soleplate, White/Green

http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-NI-S300TR-1200-Watt-Titanium-Coated-Soleplate/dp/B001AMN4DC/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1352730435&sr=8-2&keywords=panasonic+titanium+iron

And it's lime green!

Enjoy being home, then enjoy being back on the road! Cheers, Sarah