Monday, November 12, 2012

Seasonal Palette Quilt #14: Connecting Collages

All the sectional collages combined.
As Frankenstein's Dad said: time to put it all together. The sky, hills, water, and grass background collages for my Seasonal Palette quilt are connected and fused to the white base fabric. Even the blue tree  is taking shape. Suddenly the quilt has personality. A Springy personality!
A row of shrubs is added to the shoreline
I stand back and analyze my color scheme.  And decide to add a narrow row of free-cut shrubs to the shoreline. It's a way to repeat the green colors in the grass, hills, and tree leaves and to give the shoreline more interest. Nothing worse than a dull shoreline.

4 comments:

Quiltchick said...

Laura, I would like to use you spring quilt as inspiration for a small piece of my own. Winter is so long and gray and I think a little quilt to remind me that spring will come would be wonderful to see every morning. It would be fun to try your method for the sky and grow some of that wonderful grass. I won't copy yours but would use your method. Is it ok to do?

Laura Wasilowski said...

My methods are available to everyone. Fusing is one of those techniques accessible to anyone who can hold an iron and cut out a piece of fabric. So go ahead make youself a Springy quilt. Send me a picture!
Laura

Cornwoman said...

Yep, I was right....I love the blue tree!

Janelle said...

That grass looks like it took forever to fuse. This quilt is looking great already.