Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Seasonal Palette Quilt #15: Easy Flowers

Using an Accuquilt die cutter and a decorative blade to cut flower petals.
This has got to be the easiest way to make flowers for a quilt. I knew I needed dozens of flowers for my Season Palette quilt so I devised this handy dandy method of flower production. Just cut a stack of fused fabric using an oval shape die and an Accuquilt die cutter. Then cut the oval in half with a pinking blade in your rotary cutter.
The flowers are made on release paper.
Now assemble the petals around a free-cut dot for the flower center. Fuse-tack them to release paper and go have a cup of tea.
Scattering the flowers across the grass.
After the flower fabrics cool down, place them on the grass and fuse-tack into place. All my gardening should be so easy. And fun!

5 comments:

Gene Black said...

Ahh.... I love finding creative ways to use tools I already have.

Heather said...

Genius!

The Robins Nest OCrowley said...

Fabulous idea!!

Sharron said...

I love all this fusing. I have been lurking for about a month now and gathering material to be able to start one of these on my own. Just wanted to add something here that most will probably already know but new people might not. The flower petals need to be made in odd #'s. The Dogwood is the only flower I know of off the top of my head that have even petals. Just dropping my 2 cents. Hope that is ok.

Shirley said...

love the flowers, and the grass looks so fresh, I can almost smell it.